Physiotherapy is designed to restore pain-free function and mobility in a timely fashion following illness or injury. Electrical stimulation, ultrasound, exercise and manual treatment methods (massage therapy) are all forms of physiotherapy that enjoy wide acceptance and which we practice at Samson Fitness Physiotherapy on Avenue Road in Toronto.
Reasons for Seeking Samson Physiotherapy on Avenue Road
There are any number of reasons why a person may seek out physiotherapy. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Neck or back pain resulting from sports injury or auto accidents.
- Repetitive stress injuries and strains.
- Pain in the shoulder, knee or other joints.
- Lack of mobility as a by-product of surgery.
- Pain and stiffness resulting from arthritis or osteoporosis.
Different injuries or ailments will call for treatment regimens of differing length. The age and physical condition of the person seeking treatment will also play a role in determining both the most appropriate type of treatment and its duration.
Why Physiotherapy is Important
Physiotherapy is widely prescribed to help people recover from a variety of ailments and injuries. Whether you suffer chronic pain, have been injured in a car accident or were injured while engaging in athletic activity physiotherapy can help ease your journey to recovery. The following are just a few reasons why high quality physiotherapy is so important.
- It Helps Restore Range of Motion: When your range of motion becomes impeded your quality of life suffers. You become less able to perform normal daily functions or fully participate in life. Physiotherapy will help restore range of motion that has been compromised by injury or illness and thereby help you return to normality.
- It Helps Restore Physical Fitness: Our physiotherapist will recommend an array of exercises that will not only help restore things like range of motion but also help you return to a high degree of overall fitness. Being fit is the best way to avoid future injuries or illness and our physiotherapist will be with you every step of the way as you return to health.
- It Can Help You Manage Pain: Pain, whether transient or chronic, is a debilitating phenomenon that can negatively affect every aspect of your life. Dealing with pain in the aftermath of illness or injury is a crucial component of any recovery plan. Samson Fitness physiotherapy on Avenue Road can teach you techniques that will allow you to not only manage your pain but reduce it so that you can quickly resume your normal activities.
- Physiotherapy has also proven effective in dealing with or helping to alleviate the effects of stroke and Parkinson’s Disease along with a host of other neurological disorders. In addition patients dealing with cardiopulmonary issues often experience significant improvement after undergoing physiotherapy.
Samson Fitness physiotherapy on Avenue Road offers a full range of physiotherapy options including therapeutic massage. If you or someone you know could benefit from our advanced physiotherapy treatments give us a call and talk to one of our specialists. Every member of our physiotherapy team is a fully qualified and registered healthcare practitioner.