For those who do not know, orthotics are orthopaedic devices designed to correct imbalances in people’s feet: imbalances that can make one more susceptible to injuries and chronic pain. These devices are custom made for each individual, to ensure they can be fitted inside shoes without causing any discomfort. If you are not sure whether you could benefit from orthotics, read the rest of this article and see if you recognise any of the symptoms and problems that we discuss. Our range of custom orthotics in Avenue Road have helped many people to lead more normal lives and could help you as well.
Could Our Bespoke Orthotics in Avenue Road Help You?
If you suffer from any of the problems or conditions listed below, it is well worth getting in touch with us to discuss our range of orthotics for Toronto residents.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – This condition often leads to deformities in feet, some of which can be prevented by wearing shoes fitted with custom orthotics designed to provide support for the affected parts. Whether you are just beginning to notice symptoms of this condition or it is already well advanced, please feel free to make an appointment for a consultation with one of our specialists at a time that is convenient for you.
- Diabetes – Foot ulcers are a common complaint among diabetes sufferers but they can be avoided by wearing orthotics that prevent the joints in your foot from being overloaded when you are standing or walking.
- Frequent Ankle Sprains – If you suffer from frequent ankle sprains the reason could be an imbalance in your feet. If this is the case, orthotics that are made to correct the imbalance should help you to avoid such sprains in the future.
- Congenital Deformities – Children and adolescents who were born with deformities in their legs and feet often find they are able to cope with everyday activities much easier once they start to use orthotics. We would, of course, encourage you to consult your doctor before considering any other options but assuming you have already done so, please do not hesitate to call and find out how our orthotics in Avenue Road could benefit you.
- Fallen Arches – If your arches have collapsed, you will almost certainly find that orthotics make a big difference to your life, providing much needed support and helping you to avoid heel pain and other associated symptoms in the process.
- Achilles Tendonitis – Chronic inflammation of the Achilles tendon can be treated with orthotic insoles that are made specifically for your feet. By reducing the strain placed on the tendon, orthotics give your body the time it needs to heal, helping to prevent future recurrences of the condition.
If you are suffering from any of the above mentioned conditions or you simply find that one side of your shoes wears more quickly than the other and you would like to take preventative action, call and speak to us today. Our custom orthotics in Avenue Road are effective, affordable and may be covered by your healthcare plan.